Wednesday, June 24, 2009

KERRY SINGH


Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time.-
Albert Camus:




























PIM: KERRY. Thank you for gracing PIM. You are from JHB. You certainly are POETRY IN MOTION and you were TOP TEN FHM MODELS 2009. Firstly tell our readers more about yourself? Secondly how did the journey into modelling begin for you?
kerry: Thank u :). I am 19 years old. I'm a student at Wits. I am into martial arts(Taekwondo). Im a bit of an extremist and enjoy a great adrenaline rush.
Modelling started when I was approached to do a shoot/fashion show.

PIM: How was the FHM 10 Experience. Tell us more about it, Did you muster up alot of support within the Indian Community? . What were some of the highs and lows of the event?
kerry: It was very new and exciting. I had only been modelling for about nine months at the time, so also very nerve wrecking; but nevertheless an exhilarating experience I'l never forget. Yes, by the truck loads haha. The highs was the attention and ofcourse the glamour. What girl doesn't wanna be dolled up?! The lows would probably be having to keep level headed when the 'traditional soceity' thought it to be 'too revealing', but it was also something one grows from so it's all good.

PIM: What’s a day in the life Of Kerry Singh. How do you pay the Bills, What do you do for a living?
kerry: LoL I'm pretty much normal. Most days involve Varsity and Taekwondo. When I have free time I model and ofcourse I always make time for shopping!! Hmmmmm bills?? Daddy?! LOL I do not earn at this stage(19??!) of my life apart from part time modelling. Im a student :P

PIM: Did you ever think you'd be doing this (modelling)?
kerry: I do love pictures, so took up the opportunity when it arose, however I did not think it a dream that would materialise. I just see it as a hobby. Believe it or not there is a very nerdy part to me and I'm into numbers, haahaa, which is the direction I'm heading in.

PIM: What do you like most about modelling? What do you like least?
kerry: I would have to say the glamour. And for the least- the never ending anxiety!
.
PIM: What are your Health and beauty secrets? Any tips for our readers? I mean all that spicy and delicious Indian Food, PIM should know. How do you make the sacrifice with that type of food being part of your culture?
kerry: HAHAHA, I'm more of a junk food type of girl. And that would be lots of training!

PIM: Can you cook a smouldering Hot Curry? If you had to whisk up a quick Indian Dish for PIM, What would it be?
kerry: Truth or lie?! Hmmm, alright yes I can( what would you like?), do I do it on a regular basis? No. I enjoy baking. . .and YES Burfee was a dangerous discovery!!

PIM: Since we have you on PIM, And you’re Indian. Did you watch Slum Dog Millionaire? How was it? PIM hasn’t watched it. Why would you recommend that we watch it?
kerry: Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to watch it!! But I definitely will!

PIM: Is there any one you would like to meet right now? And if you were a fly on the wall where would you want to be?
kerry: Im not one to go crazy for celebrities. So not anyone in particular. Im going to be a typical girl and say John Abraham.

PIM: .Your dream shoot…Pick a location, a theme?
kerry: Oooooooooooooo!! Victoria Falls and tropical.

PIM: Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and a guys?
kerry: Mine? (huge shy grin). . .If I had to really choose- my legs. On a guy - Abs with 'V' included!!

PIM: What was the most bizarre and funny come on line that a guy has used on you?
kerry: Most guys find me intimidating, so they hardly use that approach. . . but what I do remember and think is totally lame is the very old and over used 'Are you a speeding ticket? ... Cause you have FINE written all over you' (walk along please)

PIM: Are you happy that the IPL Cricket League has come to SA? Good for revenue and good for SA? Your thoughts...Did you fancy a shot at becoming Miss IPL. Great prize and experience for the winner.?
kerry: Yes it was pretty cool, and yes I did go for a couple matches. Definitely good for SA!!! Hmmmmm after all that attention with FHM, I was not looking for more. A few of my friends did beg me to stand out but it was horribly cold!! But hey, either I didn't catch the camera or the camera man didn't catch me ?? :P

PIM: What was your favourite Bollywood Movie and Why? Bollywood movies always seem to reflect on real life scenarios in the Indian Culture. Has any movie had any impact on your life or has been an inspiration?
kerry: I like change! So right now it would have to be Dostana... good eye candy. I love it so much I got the movie and PVR'ed it to watch in bleak exam breaks!! Bollywood is bad for me actually, Bollywood v Reality...... Bollywood!! The scenarios are true but the depiction makes reality sad! No one actually lives with all rainbows and butterflies!! Come now! No major impact has come from any movie. . . just lots of tears!

What’s your favourite fashion brand: Guess
Favourite food: Portugese chicken
Favourite perfume on a guy: Hugo -Hugo Boss
Favourite Perfume on you: Change alot, right now I'm wearing 'be delicious' - DKNY ( no pun intended!)
Favourite clubbing and Hangout? Im more into chilled hangouts, braais, where we can be personal.
Favourite restaurant and coffee shop....? Restaurant- not really picky. Coffee shop- Capellos(also not picky)
One wish you would like to come through? If I tell you, it wouldn't come true?
A quote that you always live by? 'Great success always comes at the risk of enormous failure' -Churchill
Favourite brand and colour of Lingerie? Brand- If it looks good and feels good I'l buy it. Colour - red.

PIM: How has the modelling Industry ,present that is had an impact on the Indian Community and aspiring Indian models. With the bevy of Beauties in Bollywood, and the resurgence of Bollywood Im sure many aspiring Indian woman want to emulate these stunning actresses?
kerry: Yes I'm sure every girl wants to be as beautiful as those actresses but every girl to her own. . . Rather be 1 out of of 1 and an original than just someone's knock off.

PIM: I got to ask you this. Who are your favourite Bollywood Stars,male and female?
kerry: Male- John Abrahams (go figure) Female- Priety Zinta
.
PIM: If you could be anyone famous in the World today, who would you want to be and Why?
kerry: Barack Obama! Power! and ofcourse the ability and means to have influence and bring about change. Although I'm quite content being me :)

PIM: Are you single? What’s your ideal man?
kerry: Yes. Someone who understands me, makes me laugh and keeps it real.

PIM: If PIM had to take KERRY on a date. What would we have to do to blow your socks off lol? kerry: Originality carrries heavy weighting! But also eloquence and general impression. (Don't pretend to be someone you not just to impress)

PIM: lol. Good luck. Kerry pleasure to have you on PIM, Best of luck with the modelling career.

No comments: