Monday, October 19, 2009

CHARNE' JADE SLEE





Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson


PIM: Hi Charne Thank you for gracing PIM.........all the way from the mother City. (am I correct)Tell us more about yourself?Are you a girl next door or Adrenaline junky?
charne: My pleasure, Thank you for having me. I studied in the Mother City, now living in JHB.. but I consider Cape Town, home. Mmmm, I think I am a good balance between "Girl Next Door" and "Adrenaline Junkie"... I am a girly girl with a zest for living. I'll never say no to adventure. Put it this way, I love being feminine but have no problem roughing it up for a week, rafting down the Orange River, sleeping on river banks and not seeing a mirror or bathroom at all or even paragliding off Lions Head. My family are vid campers, so I have learnt to handle the rough.


Tell us more about your modelling. How did it start?
I was approached at 14 in Canal Walk, Cape Town. I was too young then and my parents were strict on school coming first, so they enrolled me in modeling school and sent me to JHB for a few presenting/modeling courses. I did a couple of jobs and competitions in the holidays, but only started concentrating on it properly recently, my studies are now done, my mind is in a maturer place and I am now ready to take it on with full force.

PIM is honored to have you! Your ambitions and goals as a model? Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
As a model, I'd love to cover all avenues possible and take on almost anything, I want the industry to push me and mold me into a strong, hard working professional. I will definitely use the opportunities and experiences to branch out into every area of the industry. I'd love to present something like Top Billing, or take part in "Strictly Come Dancing" - simply have fun with all thats out there. In 10 years time I will have a successful business, and enjoy the industry as a side line career.

What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
Mostly I would have to say simply being in front of camera. I lose myself in character. Least would be the "hurry up and wait" aspect. A days work as a model is not all glamorous, and can be incredibly exhausting.


So you are part of the FHM MODELS 2010 Top 100. Tell us more about being in the top 100 in SA.
How do you fancy your chances.I see theres some tough competition there?
There definitely is, it was a great moment receiving the news and I am excited to be apart of it all. My chances? I think I fair well in the ranking, it's all about the pictures at this stage and I have amazing support which humbles me every single day.


So suppose you win FHM MODELS Charne', you are probably on a stringent fitnes regime. What are you doing to maintain that hot bod?
I am lucky to have a gym at home, so I am in there 4/5 times a week doing general cardio and light weight training. I usually go to 2 spinning classes a week and I am attending Pole Dancing classes twice a week (there you find muscles you never knew you had)... other than that I enjoy being out and active, I love tennis, the driving range, adventure golf.. anything that gets me up and moving.


PIM: Is there any one you would like to meet right now? And If you were invisible for a day? Where would you wanna be?
Kim Kardashian, I was so upset I didn't see her when she was in SA! If I was invisible for a day, I'd sneak onto any airplane and travel as much as I could... I have an uncontrollable desire to see the world.


Back to the FHM models. So is it tough. What have you been doing in terms of getting them votes. Give us a brief itenary on what you have to do to compete in this comp 100%. Are you doing alot of shoots, promotions etc?
I have a facebook group, where we keep people updated on shoots and places we'll be at and ways to vote. I am on twitter as "CharneJade", I have a pretty awesome campaign we are working on... but you'll have to wait and see what that is all about... all I can say, is that it's wicked! And yes, my next shoot is scheduled for early next week.

Your dream shoot…Pick a location, a theme ?
I'd be in greece, in their amazing waters wearing white and gold, whether it be a bikini, or simply soft material, emphasis on the greek methodology and all their god and goddess beliefs.

Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and then a guys?
My sexiest part would probably be my curves, I love having a womanly shape! And guys, that would be their heaven lines... you know, the ones that start on the side of the tummy and move down and inwards creating an arrow ...

Where can we find you on a typical weekend if you not doing a modeling shoot
I love restaurants and eating out... so I'll always be at any of my favourite spots, or any new ones that need trying out. I enjoy places like Cubana, FTV and News Cafe'. Otherwise I love my home, and love spending my time there, relaxing, catching some sun, gyming, and having good friends over.

What was the most bizarre and funny come on line that a guy has used on you?.
A guy recently bought me a drink at Traders, Sun City. I thanked him and turned to leave but couldn't help asking what happened to his blue and bandaged face, his response was that he did cage fighting. No rules. I told him that I hoped the other guy came out worse off than he did and his reply was "He didn't come out at all" ... I don't know if he thought that was impressive but I was out of there in 2 seconds flat.

If you were a tour operator and had to entice people from around the World to visit South Africa , Cape Town in particular. How would you promote it?
Oh my word, Cape Town promotes itself ... there is not much convincing in that department surely, take one look at the scenery, the restaurants, the things to do, and the nightlife and it's sold!

PIM: Tell us about one talent that you have that we never able to guess?
I have an insane memory, I will remember your birthday for ages, even if I never see you again.

Whats ur favourite fashion brand: I adore 'Urban' clothing
Your favourite Car: I'd love to own a brand new black jeep.
Fav Food: I love italian food and I love a good steak - I am not one of those girls that order lettuce and water! I will have a steak just as big as yours!
Fav Drink: Champagne
Fav perfume on guy: Jean Paul Gualtier
Perfume on me: Burberry Bliss, Coty
Fav club: Tiger, Cape Town
Fav restaurant: Kong Roast, JHB
One wish you would like to come through.?: At this stage, taking the FHM Models 2010 title would be awesome.
A quote that you always live by: "When life gets tangled, Tango on" Al Pacino, in Scent of a Woman.
If we snuck into your bedroom, what could we find you sleeping in? Firstly, can I suggest you come in Summer, I am the most unattractive winter sleeper... 3 pairs of socks, jerseys and scarves. In summer though, you'll find me in a T shirt or strappy top and hot pants

What type of music have you been listening too lately: Today, I've only listened to 5 fm.
Last movie you watched? "Ghost of Girlfriends Past", I fell asleep so it couldn't have been that good,

If you could be anyone famous in the World today, Who would you want to be and Why?
Again, Kim Kardashian... I'd love to experience the Kardashian family on a whole and enjoy the environment that Kim has created for herself, from family to fans and work experiences. I am in love with how she has changed the face of the "typical" modeling figure and re-invented the curvy look.

What do you do to feel sexy?
Sweat.

Are you single? IF PIM had the power to create the perfect man. What type of features do you suggest we add :)?
No, I am a taken girl! The perfect man, would have deep blue eyes and strong beautiful hands, an amazing zest for life and keen nature for adventure and travel, a great dresser, clean and organised... And heaven muscles, remember!

 If you had to kidnap any sportsman/celeb and take them to a remote island ,who will it be?
I'd take Kelly Slater, he'd be useful on an island ;)

If PIM had to take u on a date .What do we have to do to blow your socks off and make you say Wow?
I love uniqueness, nothing better than feeling like a princess and experiencing amazing things. A private dinner on the roof of a building, a hot air ballon ride, playing with cub lions or elephant back safari's - use your imagination and I will love it!


What will you do if you win FHM MODELS 2010 and how important would it be for you to win such an elusive competition?
I think it would be an amazing entrance into a successful career as a personality and a model. Having said that, it's up to me and how I use it and handle the situations and opportunities. I would definitely take the title and mould it into a great grounding for many things yet to come.


Charne.A pleasure to have you on PIM. Best of luck with the Modeling career......Where will we see you next. Whats the next big modelling gig you have lined up aside from FHM MODELS?
Thanks PIM, your support is awesome! Next modeling gig lined up is featuring on the cover of the December Christmas issue of Digital Life Magazine. Hope you'll check it out.

Best of Luck for the competition and PIM will certainly get our readers to Vote
Please voye for Charne Jade Lee in  FHM MODELS 2008



Vote by smsing "Model 37" to 34973
or visit http://fhm.co.za/fhm-models/2010/CharneSlee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beauty and brains all in one package!