Monday, January 28, 2008

LEANDA DECKER




This young talent found her way to the 12 inch while living in London. Exposed to the vibrant dance scene and involvement with some of the best DJ’s & Producers in the industry, her yearn to this culture has grown into a massive addiction for Music. Leanda AKA “Baby Ledee” has been progressing in the South African dance scene at a rapid rate. This babe of the beats has trained under legendary industry insiders, Ricardo da Costa and Roger Deluxe, giving this lady the edge that sets her up there with the best. Having already played alongside some of South Africa’s best DJ`s namely Dizzy (Legendary DJ & Producer), Paul Bingham, Mark Stent, Kirsy and all the delectable deckalicious ladies. This vinyl slinger has flawlessly rocked clubs by the likes of ESP, Mood, Tempo’s, Evolution, Corona, Aruba, Natural groove, Groove bar etc. she has also found herself behind the decks at the legendary H2O. She is destined for success! Her unique style and ability to motivate and captivate the crowds is what sets her apart from the rest. Many have called her the Queen of House, her technical ability and smooth mixes has been recognized by her fans and piers alike. Driven by pure effort and tenacity she is an ultimate player for any event as well skilled DJ’s like this are hard to come by! Baby Ledee’s preferred choice of Electro Funk allows for her unique style and crisp mixing ability to take form like no other. With her elegant and hypnotic music selection this mixing madam is bound to leave her mark on the dance scene. Baby Ledee`s Quote: ‘The secret to life is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.’
swoosh0018: Leanda. Wow, Its cool to have you on the blog. I mean you have set stages alight wher eever you have performed. Playing at major events all over. Entertaining thousands of people with your immense talent and style that is second to None.

P.I.M: How did it all begin for you. How did you get to where you are today. Would you care to run us through a brief history lol?
leanda: I’ve always been a complete music junkie. Started clubbing at the tender age of 15 and my love for house music just grew from there. I got interested in mixing when I was living in London and bought my first set of decks whilts living there. I then completed a mixing course at Retro music in Johannesburg and with a lot of presistance and many hours of practise finally prefected the art of mixing. I then just started hanging out at my favourite clubs, got to know the owners and the DJ’s until I got a break to play. I am happy to say after 3 years of hard work landed my fisrt H2O set this past new years.

P.I.M: Would you care to tell our readers of some of the most memmorable experiences that you have encountered thus far, namely the best atmosphere, the best places, famous people you have encountered along the way?
leanda: I would have to say one of the many highlight of my career would have to be playing at H2O it has been a dream of mine for many years, one of the reasons I became a DJ actually. Another great experience was having one of my mixes played on 5fm. As for event and atmosphere Sutra always has a great vibe love playing there.

P.I.M: Is Dj'ing tough and difficult. I mean I stand back in awe the way thousands are entertained by skill. Is their a great level of skill,personnal touch and concentration required.Can you outline some of the pressures or consequences if you guys are not at the top of your game? leanda: Dj'ing is definatly an art and I feel you never stop learning, I still watch other Dj’s and find I learn new skills and tricks all the time. Mixing is not an easy thing to learn and it takes many hours of dedication and practise but is worth it all in the end.

P.I.M: And to top it all of,You are extremely sexy and stunning. The Night life and entertainment industry is huge in this country. With your good looks Im sure you swamped at every corner. How do fans embrace you as one of the most entertaining DJ's in this country? leanda: The fans are the reason we as Dj’s get to follow our passion without them there would be no industry. The fans have been wonderful and it make all the hard work worth while when one person comes to you to thank you for making their night. I love to interact with my fans.

P.I.M: Geez, I could go on and ask you a million questions about dj'ing but Il save it when I get your autograph lol, Anyways you are Swoosh's babe of the week. Have you done some modelling and how do you maintain that sexy Bod? Are you big on the health thing, Being in your industry, must be a tad difficult lol?If you could make any food or desert the caloric value of lettuce,What would that be?A chocolate desert maybe?Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and a guys?
leanda: Where do I start. Well I find the number one thing one has to do to maintain a healthy body is excersice I gym often atleast 4 times a week. I love food so trying to eat less is just not going to happen so I try and stick to the healthier option like chicken and loads of vegetables. I haven’t done any modelling as such but if oppurtunity came along I would not turn it down I think it could be a fun hobby to have. What is my favourite past of a mans body, mmm I would have to day his arm nothing sexier than a man with well defined arms.

P.I.M: Stunning pics.Absolutely sexy sexy. All of em.If you had to do an FHM Shoot tomorow. pick a location.Your dream location
leanda:Thailand, I spend 10 days there a couple of years ago and it is a absolutly amazing place.

P.I.M: Are you a Sportsfan. Any Sportsman you would like to spend a weekend in the tropics with? Care to tell us why?
leanda: I love Rugby guess it’s the South African blood. As for my favourite sportsman I would have to say Brian Habbana the man has an amazing talent.

P.I.M: What was the most bizzare and funny come on line that a guy has used on You?
leanda:I was shopping with a friend and this guy grabbed the tag out of my collar. With that turns to me and says, mmm see your made in heaven. If I can give you guys one piece of advice do not ever do that to a lady I was not impressed.

P.I.M: Tell us about one talent that you have that we never able to guess?
leanda: I have to admit I’m not a bad chef, love cooking it’s kind of like my second passion.

P.I.M: Fast Cars & Bikes? Which ones?Whats the most dangerous or daring thing that you have ever done?
leanda:Taking my car over 140km/h only kidding. Haven’t really been much of a dare devil but would love to go shark cage diving with Great White Sharks.

P.I.M: Favourite place to shop? The flea market you can always find the cutest, unique things there.
Favourite restaurant,coffee shop? There is a franchise in SA called Primi Piatti they make the best cocktails.
Have you ever eaten Indian Food? I have eaten Indian food it’s lovely.
Favourite Perfume on a guy and for yourself? On a guy I would have to day DKNY and for myself definatly Gucci Rush.
Favourite clubbing and Hangout? For clubbing I would have to say Sutra and Truth but I also love to just hang out at a mates place having a braai.
Favourite Lingerie? That’s my secret.
Favourite Song? It’s a dance tune that is about 10 years old. Heaven’s cry/Till tears do us part.
Favourite Movie? The Lion King I’m a sucker for animations.

P.I.M: What would you never leave home without at any given time?
leanda: My cell phone it’s my life line.

P.I.M:Leanda for our readers Are you single. I know the answer,But wel ask it.Whilst we on the topic.How important is a guys dress sense to you.? So we can spruce up and impress someone like you lol?
leanda: do have a very loving man in my life so nope not single. Jeans, jeans, jeans love a man in a sexy pair of jeans.

P.I.M: Lastly Leanda if you had three wishes. What would they be.Would you care to share them with us?
leanda: 1) To have long and successful Djing career 2) Being happy, so few people in life are truly happy 3) Less pain and less starving people in the world.

P.I.M: Thanks Baby Ledee.Its been an absolute pleasure and we wish you all the Best in the future. It was great meeting you.And We will definitely see more of you on Poetry in Motion?And good luck with your career.Hopefully me and my team can come and watch u perform soon. Oh and lastly any message or advice for someone wanting to pursue a career like yours? leanda: Never give up on your dreams the things in life worth having are the hardest to attain, but worth it in the end!! Go out there and mingle make yourself known


No comments: