Monday, December 8, 2008

ESMERILDA DANKAERT

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting"-Khalil Gibran























PIM: Hi Esmerelda. Thank you for gracing Poetry in Motion. A model, a phsycologist with a love for kids. Before we get into the modelling bit. Tell us more bout your career, Your dreams and aspirations as a psychologist. The world is exploding around us. Pyschology appears to be a very challenging environment. Tell us more about this proffession and why you chose it?
esmerilda: Being a Psychologist was one of my career choices in Matric, and when the course was offered part-time I was thrilled! It also gave me the opportunity to still do my web designing and advance in other career fields such as Multimedia Development, Quality Management and Drafting. Next year will be my forth year and I cannot wait to start practicing! I want to specialize in children as I believe they cannot always help themselves, and intervention from a young age is crucial. It is definitely not a field for the fainthearted, as you need to keep your emotions intact and act on a neutral level. But I am enjoying every bit of it!

PIM:So you from Jozie, A Gorgeous model thats a physcologist.. Wow.PIM is honoured to have you? Your ambitions and goals as a model?How did a gorgeous woman like you get into the modelling world. How did the journey begin?
esmerilda: Think I should thank you! Meeting with PIM was such a pleasure. I only started modelling at the beginning of 2008. Reason being, I was so academically orientated at school that even though modelling was a burning passion, I stuck to hauling in those A’s. Now I cannot get enough of modelling ... the frontend of the camera is my playground! I am determined to reach a few heights ... so watch this space. He he.

PIM:Whats a typical day in the life of Esmerelda Dankaert?
esmerilda: A typical day (assuming you are referring to a uneventful, normal weekday as weekends are always exciting and fun-filled) would entail me getting up at 4:00am, studying for about an hour, get ready for work and leave at 6:00am, get home at about 4:10pm, engage in a much needed stress-relief gym session and head home for a shower, supper and more studies.

PIM: Weve met...and wow. How do you stay in shape ES?Any tips for our readers?
esmerilda: *Blushes* ... Thanks. Well I have a very healthy appetite (and yes it does exist) and always enjoy a good workout. A very important factor is to just really watch what types of food you consume. I never diet or restrict my food intake, but just enjoy healthy foods.

PIM: If you had to make any food or desert or junk food the caloric value of lettuce. Which would it be?
esmerilda:Well in the food category it is quite hard as I do like most healthy foods, but dessert wise definitely Primmi’s Chocolate Brownies smothered in hot chocolate sauce and ice cream!

PIM:If you had to have KIDNAP any sportsman/ celeb,who wud that be ha ha?
esmerilda:So I can only pick one? Most likely the designer Stefano Gabbana ... and yes I’m not kidnapping him for his looks! My hidden agenda would be to only give him his freedom if he promises to give me a lifetime’s supply of free D&G clothes! He he.

PIM: Your dream shoot…Pick a location, a theme ?
esmerilda:Would love to do a shoot for Guess, be it a high fashion and glamorous theme or a sensational bikini theme.

PIM: Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and a guys?
esmerilda:Hmm, would probably have to say my eyes. On a guy, I’d have to say apart from his eyes his arms. It is probably the most prominent feature.

PIM: What was the most bizarre and funny come on line that a guy has used on You?
esmerilda:I almost always forget these silly pick up lines, but one that stuck with me was on one occasion I got quite cold and a guy said “Your goosebumps read “gorgeous” in brail!”

PIM: 2010..in SA...UR THOUGHTS..How do you think we will handle it, ?Are you optimistic about SA and the future in retrospect to the economy, change of presidency etc?On the same token your profession is sort of impacted by Obama as US president. WHats your take on this? Will the first black president of the USA.....MAKE SUCH A DIFFERENCE?
esmerilda:I think 2010 is a major event for South Africa, and we will only know the immense impact of the event once it happens. So far I think SA is preparing full steam for the 2010, but whether everything will unfold on time is still a mystery. A major concern is that project managers/engineers/controllers are so schedule focused that they overlook quality issues. W.r.t our economy ... I think every country has it’s ups and downs, and I’m optimistic about SA’s economical status and presidency. Just as I’m optimistic about Obama as US president. One can never judge a book by its cover, so Obama needs the same degree of support and respect as any other president. It is definitely an honour to be the first black president of the US.

PIM: Tell us about one talent that you have that we never able to guess?
esmerilda:I dont kiss and tell

Whats ur favourite fashion brand:I have MANY favourites! But a definite big fav is Guess & D&G
If you had a million rand, What would be your first purchase:First purchase ... hmm ... a stylish lil Apple Laptop! I wont be able to do much house hunting with one mil. Maybe also quit my job to finish my degree quicker, open my own fashion boutique and spoil my loved ones!
Favourite food: Sushi
Favourite Hot drink: Cappuccinos
Favourite Cold drink: Mojito
Favorite perfume on a guy. Too many to mention but some are Dunhill, Diesel and Hugo Boss
Favourite Perfume on you: Kenzo Amor and the new DKNY!
Favorite clubbing and Hangout?Taboo, FTV, Coffee Cafes ... any place where my friends are at.
Favourite restaurant and coffee shop....?. Restaurant: Primmi Piatti & Wombles
Coffee Shop: Any coffee shop with superb cappuccinos!
One wish you would like to come through: That I already have my doctorate degree in Psychology, so that I can start practicing by tomorrow :)

PIM: Would you say a woman can learn how to be a model, or modeling is something in the genes? you have it or you don't have it at all? Why do you think so?Is the modelling industry that cut throat as people make it out to esmerilda: Well, I think a big portion of modelling lies in your genes. For example, if you want to do ramp modelling, then you have to be a certain height ... and unfortunately you cannot “learn” to be longer. The same applies for photographic modelling ... you have to be photogenic to succeed in the industry. With that said, a girl / boy can be blessed with great looks but still fail in the modelling industry as you need certain “skills”. Models acquire these “skills” through experience. Modelling can be cut throat depending on the industry. If you take modelling seriously you will realize that it is not just about poise, pout and pretty pictures but that it takes a lot of determination and hard work. But it definitely has its perks!

PIM: If you could be anyone famous in the World today, Who would you want to be and Why?
esmerilda: Gisele Bundchen! As if I need to state why? Sexy, successful, get paid to wear designer clothes, thrives in her modelling ... and the list goes on.

PIM:Are you single? Whilst we on the topic. How important is a guysdress sense to you.? So PIM can spruce up and impress someone like youWhats your ideal man.
esmerilda: Nope not single :) A good dress sense ranks quite high. There is a big difference between “dress to impress” and to have a suitable “dress sense”. With the latter you just need to be comfortable with what you are wearing, and not stick out like a sore thumb.My ideal man..? Ambitious, successful, humorous, thoughtful and intelligent ... like my current man :o)

PIM: If PIM had to take Esmerelda on a date. What would we have to do to blow your socks off lol?
esmerilda:Hmm, to impress me I suppose you need to be humorous, sociable, ambitious and low on the egocentric level. Lol! Be different!

PIM: lol.Good luck Es. A pleasure to have you on PIM. Best of luck with the Modelling career......It will not be long before you will be gracing the modelling tabloids

No comments: