Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CARLA GALINOS

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever.Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness.
-JOHN KEATS, Endymion















PIM: Hi Carla Thank you for gracing PIM. So you from JHB. Tell us more about your yourself amd your modelling journey thus far.?
carla: Hi, Thank you for including me as one of the PIM Babes.
I’m a very confident individual, although I believe I have my faults, like everyone does, I have never let them destroy my confidence. I believe that our little faults and quirks make us unique. I’m always friendly to just about everyone I meet…lol…which has caused some to label me as a flirt. I wouldn’t say I’m too flirtatious though. I’m very loyal to those I love and consider friends. I’m spontaneous and free spirited. Love the occasional wild outing. I’m movie crazy…I don’t go a single weekend without watching at least one at the cinema. I talk way too much…lol. I love to laugh, it uplifts the soul.
Modelling is at the top of just about every list I have. Although I haven’t yet broken into the industry like I would have liked to, I still enjoy working at it. I’m completely addicted to having my photo’s taken…lol….and I love that I’m able to add some of my own creative sparkle to my work. I have been fortunate enough to have worked with some truly talented photographers and thanks to them have gained valuable experience as a model.


PIM: What are some of the accolades that you have achieved thus far in your career?Highs and the lows?
carla: I am still climbing that corporate ladder at the moment, so although I have been promoted here and there and been given heaps of responsibility I believe I still have a long way to go.
With regards to my modelling, I have not won any competitions however I have taken part in some and they are as follows:
Pageants:
2002 Miss Damelin 2nd place
2004 Miss SA Beauty Photography Finalist
2005 New Face Finalist
2006 New World Model of the year 2nd place
2009 Miss H2O Top 20 Finalist
Publication/competitions:
2005 Fashionista Magazine - swimwear Catalogue
2005 Speed & Sound Bonnet Babes
2008 Zoo weekly Girl next door

2008 FHM Sports babe


PIM: What’s a day in the life of carla. How do you pay the Bills?
carla: I’m an Electronic Banking Administrator for The South African Bank of Athens. It’s a very demanding job which is a good thing as I’m one of those people who get bored very quickly and I need to be challenged constantly. Not the glam job I would like but it pays the bills. ;)

PIM:PIM is honored to have you! Your ambitions and goals as a model? Where do you see yourself in ten years time? Did you ever think you'd be doing this(modeling)?
carla: I am a photographic model as I do not have the height to do ramp modelling. I would like to find my way into modelling publications as this is where I shine.
I was always into modelling as far back as I can remember, however I never thought I would get the opportunity’s I have had. I’ve been rather lucky.


PIM: What do you like most about modeling? What do you like least?
carla: What I like most about modelling is that it builds self confidence. You learn to take constructive crit and at the same time you learn to let go of the needless nastiness that comes with putting yourself out there.
The thing I like least about modelling would have to be the stereo types that people link to the industry.


PIM: What are your Health and beauty secrets Carla? Any tips for our readers? How do you stay in Shape?
carla: My health and beauty tips….hmmmm…I’m not over the top when it comes to this sort of thing but here are a few things I do stick to that work well for me:
I don’t believe in starvation diets, rather I stick to a balanced diet that includes all 5 food groups. Starvation diets do more damage than good and it slows down your metabolism something chronic. 6 small meals a day is better than three big ones as it assists in speeding up your metabolism as does lots of water & exercise. The gym is my number one way of staying in shape.
A great little trick to remember when dishing up your meals….Carbohydrates need to be more or less the size of your fist, Meats the size of the palm of your hand…fish the size of your open hand and there’s never a limit to your veg…so go mad there rather than over do the meats and carbs. Low fat dairy is always best…trust me after 3 weeks of low fat products you won’t want to go back to that horrid full cream stuff. Lol
I am quite fanatical over the health and appearance of my skin. So I have a few tips:
A daily three step facial regime – Wash, Tone & Moisturise ;) All three are important.
I find scrubs do more damage and cause the skin to become red and inflamed, try pureeing some pawpaw into a past and then apply it like a mask. Pawpaw has natural enzymes that remove rough and dead skin without irritating the skin.
Body Butters for winter ladies, they ensure your skin stays moisturised during the dry cold weather and they smell amazing.
I use Avroy Shlain spa products on my feet and hands. I have found these products work the best for me.


PIM: Your dream shoot…Pick a location, a theme ?
carla: I would love to shoot in a desolate area, desert. Something with a Guess jeans feal.

PIM: Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and a guys?
carla: I am all about the eyes.

PIM: What was the most bizarre and funny come on line that a guy has used on You?.
carla: Not so much bizarre as just plain annoying…”Hi, I think you are very Cute” CUTE is not a word I find complementing. Lol….it’s almost as bad as the word nice. I associate cute with soft toys and just think that there are so many other words that you’ll find are synonyms to the word cute that work so much better….like….charming, endearing, attractive.

PIM: If you were a tour operator and had to entice people from around the World to visit South Africa .Especially Cape Town? How would you promote it?
carla: Quite simply we have one of the world’s most beautiful costal holiday destinations. Hollywood stars are known to love Cape Town and many of them own holiday homes there. There’s never a lack of entertainment, shows, clubs and concerts to be seen. It is definitely the artists capital of SA in my opinion, if you want to make it as any kind of artist from music to photography Cape Town is the place to see, be and be seen.

PIM: What do you think about J Zuma as our new president. Are you optimistic about the future in SA?
carla: I’ll be completely honest here….I was devastated at the fact that the majority of South Africans chose to have JZ run our country after all the controversy that surrounded him. He was definitely not my choice when I made my mark on the 22nd of April 2009. However, I will give him his dues. From what I’ve seen and heard since his move into presidency, he has made some decent decisions that I’m sure every South African will benefit from. He is now our president and even those of us who did not vote him in need to get behind him and support him.
I do still cling to a glimmer of hope for the future of South Africa.


PIM: Tell us about one talent that you have that we never able to guess?
carla: Hmmmm I don’t know if you’d call it a talent…lol…but I can bring on the tears on command. Hey it’s gotten me out of many a bad situation. Hehehe
I have also been know to be somewhat Clairvoyant…..yes….I’m one of those weird folk. Bet you’d never have guessed that. lol


Whats ur favourite fashion brand – Sissy Boy
If you had a million rand, What would be your first purchase:
A House, property is always a good investment.
Favourite food: Chinese
Favorite perfume on a guy:
Jean Paul Gaultier
Perfume on you: D&G Light Blue
Favorite clubbing and Hangout? : I’m a big News Café fan; it’s always a great outing. As for clubs I’d have to say my fav is Manhattans Rivonia. Hatfield is always mad fun too. ;)
Favourite restaurant and coffee shop....? Jimmy’s Prawns and Cappuccinos
One wish you would like to come true.?
I wish for …World Peace….LOL….no seriously. ;) I’d like to get the opportunity to model overseas. That would be an awesome experience.
A quote that you always live by:
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
Favourite brand and colour of Lingerie? Temptations and Pink is by far my fav colour for just about everything. ;)

PIM: If you could be anyone famous in the World today, Who would you want to be and Why?
carla: Adriana Lima….she’s beautiful and she’s living my dream.

PIM: Are you single? What’s your ideal man?
carla: No not single, I’ve been happily involved with one guy for 8 years now.
My ideal man is energetic, confident and humorous. He needs to be athletic and well built, he must look after his appearance and of course the most important feature….he’d have to have beautiful, kind eyes. I need someone who is able to handle all the drama because I seem to attract it….lol. He needs to be completely loyal…I accept nothing less than a man who is willing to give his whole heart, a man who is able to allow me to know him completely.


PIM:If PIM had to take Carla on a date or approach you in a bar .What do we have to do to blow your socks off?
carla: On first approach I prefer a down to earth honest one. There is no need for sweet talking and pick up lines. I want to meet you….not your representative…so be yourself, sometimes a simple Hello is a great ice breaker.
As far as dates go….I’m a party girl…so you’re best bet is to start off at a restaurant…or even a News Café…lol…so that we can chat and get to know each other a little. Then it’s time to hit the town…Take me clubbling and you’ll need to dance…cause I’m not a bar leach and love to dance. Lol!
If it’s a day time date…then you’re gonna have to get creative. I’m an adrenaline junky, so amusement parks, bungee jumping & racing cars are a few of the things you may want to indulge me with for the day. ;)


PIM:Carla.A pleasure to have you on PIM. Best of luck with the Modeling career

No comments: