Monday, February 2, 2009

SUMONE HEROLDT

She walks in beauty,
Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes
~Lord Byron ~














PIM: Sumone, Glad to have you on PIM. You have made TOP 10 for FHM Models? Was a tough draw. Were you excited when you got the news? Tell us about the top 10 experience thus far?
sumone: Thanks for having me.
Oh my goodness, I was so surprised when I got the news, I thought my legs were going to buckle, ha ha, it was very overwhelming.
The top 10 experience has been an amazing so far, random people walk up to one and they know exactly who you are. That was a bit getting use to at the beginning.
Top 10 shoot was so much fun, the whole FHM crew treated us with so much patience, care and they’ re such a cool group of people. The rest of the TOP 10 are such a nice group of girls, we all got along famously and shared lots of laughs and giggles.

PIM: How do you fancy your chances. What have you been doing so far to get them Votes. Why should people vote for you?
sumone: Im very happy with being in the Top 10, I don’t stress that much on gaining votes. I’ll put the FHM link on my FaceBook status, but im not going all “campaign”with the whole competition. I see it as a fun experience, where I got to meet new people and learn new things.
PIM:Sumone if you were not in the TOP 10.Pick ur winner?
sumone: Well, each of girls are so beautiful and unique in their own way, that it would be impossible to single out just one winner.
PIM: Speaking of which.Whats a typical day in the life of Sumone Heroldt
sumone: Unfortunately its not all glitz and glamour. Im still studying and for the moment doing modelling part time, till I have my degree. So right now, its getting up in the morning, having breakfast, running back and forth to classes, grabbing a bite with some friends at the Neelsie, then back to class, driving to Cape Town for castings or shoots. Back to Stellenbosch, making some supper with my flatmates and then if I still have the energy meet with friends at NuBar or Bohemia. It’s a very busy and fast lifestyle, sometimes I have to take a few days off, just to recharge myself.
P.I.M: How do you approach these shoots(fhm top 10) surrounded by a bevy of beauties and the self Realisation that HEY IM TOP TEN and I COULD BE THE FHM model 2009?What a prestigious title?PIM is proud.
sumone: im a very blaze person, I don’t get all fierce and jaguar like(scratching eyes out, etc, mewoooo)
When I arrived at the shoot I started chatting to the girls, got to know them and had an awesome time. All of us got along great and shared our random new year’s stories, and oh yes, did we all have something to tell, ha ha. But hey, it’s all girl talk, so I cannot go into any detail.
P.I.M: Has shooting for this comp been any different.I mean it was an awesome field and you emerged TOP 10.?What do you guys do now. More Pics.ANY special events you guys lining up or shooting for?
sumone: The FHM shoot was actually fun, for the first time it felt like the photographer was focussing on the model, capturing her not the brand she was wearing, which was a really nice feeling.
For the time being its waiting for the FHM March edition to launch end of January. I am going about my castings and shoots as usual. Its season in Cape Town and lots of international clients come shoot here.
PIM: If you had to have KIDNAP any sportsman/celeb, who would that be ha ha?
sumone: he he he... oooh, I would definitely try to kidnap Ryk Neetling or David Beckham. Seeing that Victoria Beckham has David under lock and key, I think I would be more successful in the kidnapping of Ryk.
PIM: Your dream shoot…Pick a location, a theme ?
Sumone: My ultimate shoot would be a campaign for Guess. The hair, the makeup, uniqueness of every shot taken..my my..i particularly like the dessert campaign of 2004/5. It was shot in the middle of nowhere, dessert everywhere. I thought it was spectacular!!! That would be the ultimate shoot.
PIM: Oh and what would you regard as the sexiest part of your body and a guys? :) PIM loves your eyes too.
sumone: oh my, thanks, blink blink , just kidding. i have a tiny beauty spot under my eye, which I like. (Im blushing right now) and on a guy, man oh man, a gorgeous smile can affect the stability of my legs any day.
PIM: What was the most bizarre and funny come on line that a guy has used on You?
sumone: hahaha, im laughing just thinking about it. Claire, one of my best friends, and myself were walking into a club in Stellenbosch. The next thing this incredibly tall guy came running up to me, first I thought I have to run away because he’s going to run me over. Then the next thing he started screaming, “RENNIE RENNIE, I need a RENNIE.”he threw himself almost in my arms and said, “cause my heart is burning for you”
Till this day, I think it was the one of the funniest things ive ever experienced
PIM: 2010..in SA...UR THOUGHTS..How do you think we will handle it, ?Hows things shaping up in Cape Town
sumone: Well foreign investment in 2010 has proven to be an indication of foreign optimism. Im very confident that it would be a huge financial injection for our currency, We will be able to proof to the world that South Africa is a country with lots of potential and not just another “third world country”. The Green point Stadium is progressing rapidly and on time, the Cape Town crowd is very positive and cannot wait for the Soccer World Cup 2010.
PIM: Tell us about one talent that you have that we never able to guess?
sumone: I make and design most of my clothes, like cocktail dresses, etc.
Wat’s your favourite fashion brand: No brand in particular, its more about creating a stylish, comfortable yet approachable style. I like to mix and match. Like an old vintage article with something british, for example
If you had a million rand, What would be your first purchase? I would buy my boyfriend a car, ha ha, I think his Vespa is adorable, but hey @ 45km/h its not funny anymore. Its not the whole promise of wind in my hair, not even a breeze.
Favorite Food and Drink: Food, I like my mom’s home cooked meals best, after all the sushi, pizza and chips, my mom still knows the best methods of cooking food.
Im Pino Colada girl, yum yum,
Favorite perfume on a guy: Issey Miachi
Favorite perfume on you: also Issey M, but it depends on night or day. Issey for evening and then im still a Tommy Girl fan during the day.
Favorite clubbing and Hangout? I love NuBar in Stellenbosch and Bambu in Cape Town when I want to get all dolled up and dance till the sun rises, but otherwise I like going to Clifton 2nd.
Sit around the bonfires and swing my fire poi. There’s nothing like good company, the softness the waves make late at night and the pitter patter of the bongo’s.
PIM: Tell us of some of the highs of your career. Any major shoots or magazines you have featured in
sumone: He he, I actually never talk about these things, but seeing that you ask.
My biggest contracts that I have done international would be
L’Oreal Pure Zone, Nivea, Mc Donalds(World Wide) and Johnsons and Johnsons (World Wide).
Also getting my first cover for Mizz Magazine, was one of the highlights of my career
.

PIM: If you could be anyone famous in the World today, Who would you want to be and Why?
sumone: I have no desire to be anyone famous, I think it’s a very uncomfortable lifestyle with everyone lurking over your shoulder, always waiting for you to mess up and then throw it in your face.
PIM: Are you single? Whilst we on the topic. How important is a guys dress sense to you.? So PIM can spruce up and impress someone like you Whats your ideal man.
sumone: Sorry, but this girl is whipped, he he.
Dress sense on the first impression is wee bit important, but once I start talking to someone, I don’t care about that. Nice conversation, a good sense of humour, intelligence and respect would be the thing that tickles my fancy. And yeah, if he’s got a broad pearly white smile, im very likely to melt.
PIM: If PIM had to take Sumone on a date. What would we have to do to blow your socks off lol?
sumone: im not the hopeless romantic type of girl and material things like a fast car doesn’t impress me. I like being busy and having fun,
Take me snorkeling, paragliding or kayaking, and afterwards we grab a bite at a little café next to the road, ill be way more impressed, than with a fancy restaurant.
PIM: Good luck Sumone. A pleasure to have you on PIM. Best of luck with the Modelling and FHM Models 2009. We’ll get the votes coming your way...
Please vote for Sumone in FHM MODELS 2009
Sumone Heroldt
VOTE VIA SMS!SEND: FHMMODEL 36 to 36975(R2 PER SMS) or

No comments: